Thursday 25 February 2010

Viva España !

So today has consisted of my planning for my year abroad in Spain the coming September !
It's quite scary to think I only have 3 months of second year left, and that I will be going to be a language assistant in Spain in september to help teach english to primary school kids.

I have been looking at apartments to rent in Madrid tonight, on a website that advertises rooms for really reasonable prices! Roughly around 300-500 euros which works out between £255-450 i think !

I'm really nervous about going as I will be leaving my hometown, Leeds for the first extended period in my life! I'm also leaving behind my amazing boyfriend Gavin, my best galpals Laura, Heidi and Charlotte and all my other lovelies.



I will be getting paid roughly 700 euros a month for 12 hours a week as an assistant (yes only 12 hours!) and then will receive an ERASMUS grant of about 250 euros every month, plus i can apply for my UK student loan, so money clearly shouldn't be an issue.

I'm a little worried about culture shocks, and hopefully being able to fit into their society, but there are so many wonderful places I can visit in my spare time, I am more excited than anything ! And the wonderful shops downtown...

I'd love to be able to go to the Cibeles Fashion week in February 2011, so I will be keeping my eye out for that too !



On a more english note, yesterday I applied for 10 work experience positions in PR. I really want to get some in before i go to Spain as it will be great for my CV and for when i come back and do my final year, i will then be looking for graduate jobs (scary!!)

If anyone knows any good PR companies that deal with fashion, beauty, music or anything along those lines please feel free to email over some suggestions to francesca.ward@hotmail.com

til next time lovelies ♥

3 comments:

  1. we'll all miss you!

    But I'll be coming to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to be able to travel and work in another country! I've always wanted to go to Spain. Do you know how hot guys from Spain are? Too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah true.. its so crazy though!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving your thoughts, they are all greatly appreciated! ♥